Sunday, January 18, 2004

The Well-Traveled Scarf

FINISHED SEPTEMBER 2000:

I am currently knitting a scarf! Jiffy Mohair-like Yarn. Mostly, I was just looking for an excuse to buy this yarn, and use some of my recently-purchased circular needles. So, I'm doing a simple garter-stitch scarf -- it'll be someone's Christmas gift. The color changes from purple to pink to green, and I really like the way it's knitting up. Size 4 circular needles, cast on 30 stitches. Knit until finished. :-) This doesn't require the use of circular needles, they're just more convenient.


I call it the well travelled scarf, now that it's done, after looking back on all the places other than home, that I've worked on it. Good grief. Finished it in 2000 after 2 years of pecking away at it, during a trip to see my papa in Alaska, in the process showing him and my brother how a knit stitch is done.

No comments: