1. Cool cool thing at central station in Antwerp. Op zoek naar Maria - Dans in het Centraal Station van Antwerpen I can't tell if it's a conscious performance, perhaps of the flashmob variety, or the real thing. I will state for the record, I've been part of a different similar experience that was the real thing, spontaneous and synchronized. Stranger things have happened.
2. I was disappointed yesterday to read an article about Kiva (a microlending project, check it out) that summed up why people would become lenders as "more people are investing these days" or something idiotic like that. More people are connecting to each other as people, and aware that we really are in this together. That's why I and so many other people give money to total strangers. Because we are capable of feeling someone else's pain and their desire to lift themselves up, and wanting to help even though our own resources are limited. We are all human beings, and in this together.
3. Angry that New Orleans recovery proceeding slower than surrounding areas, but not surprised.
4. Wanted to go see Watchmen tonight with a co-worker, but it's not at the theater!
5. David Neiwert is insightful as usual. As their power spirals downward, the Right's rhetoric gets nuttier and nastier. He links to Eric Boehlert's equally interesting and insightful article, Glenn Beck and the rise of Fox News' militia media.
6. Just fucking certify Al, all right? Absentee votes extend Franken lead
7. Finally watched Susan Boyle's Britain's Got Talent performance after a week of everyone telling me to see it. Holy cow. Britain's got some AWESOME talent. Someone get this woman a recording contract and put her on tour, STAT. Yaaaay, Susan!