Saturday, May 28, 2005

WriterGirl Rears Her OverSized Head

Novel status report: 50 pages, as of yesterday. Right on schedule. I didn't write on Thursday, but I got some good thinking done, which enabled me to write 13 pages yesterday in about 6 hours. Today, it's find a book on life in a medieval city, and maybe read a little on viruses, plagues, and history, because God knows I can't just write a simple romance, which was the plan: Girl meets boy. Girl marries boy. Girl maybe falls in love with boy.

Noooooooo, I have to put politics, and a siege, and maybe some epidemiology in there, too. Damn it!

Basically, I have two more weeks to write fiction, and then I have to put my Lawyer Hat back on. That's why I'm running so fast and trying to average 10 pages a day.

It's fun. Writing is work, even the kind of writing where all you do is "make shit up".

No comments: