Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Paying VERY Close Attention


Well, I've gotten my appointment notice and training schedule for the California primary. I will be an assistant System Inspector for my precinct -- the system inspectors are the ones who'll be responsible for the electronic voting systems.

Basically, because of this new technology introduction, the old minimum of three: one inspector, one assistant inspector, and one clerk, is now replaced with system inspector and assistant, precinct inspector and assistant, and one clerk. You can't have less than 3 people running a voting place, legally. Now, we're not going to be able to do it with less than 4 or 5, logistically.

That's neither here nor there.

What's here and there is that I solemnly promise the following:

I will pay very close attention to this training session;
I will raise a fuss over any technology glossing-over I might see;
If I spot any voting irregularities in this primary or the presidential election (at which time I fully expect to be an inspector or an assistant inspector again) I will not only be on that irregularity like the biggest, meanest bitch bulldog you've ever seen, I'll take photos. Color. And give them to the press. And post them here, there, and everywhere.

And that, my friends, you can take to the bank, deposit, and write a check against. Guaranteed.

M&B, I might like to borrow your digital camera for the primary.


No comments: