Tuesday, July 16, 2002

18 Years Later


My folks have decided to get married[*]. I think this is terribly cool, and extremely cute. Not many kids get to stand up with the 'rents when they tie the knot.

Yes, this is mostly a matter of Papers Governments Find Important -- namely tax returns and health care -- which is one of the reasons they hadn't married before -- but who cares. I'll get all weepy during the ceremony no matter what.

[*] Why, yes, if you do the math you may note that I and my twin are either:

a) not related to both parents in question -- were we left on the doorstep at the age of 13 by Kurdish yak traders? Or was it a Mongol horde? Details are fuzzy.
b) illegitimate -- a concept that eludes me as a rule, it's not like we're purebred puppies, so what gives?
c) some other option not springing immediately to my mind -- feel free to be imaginative!

Pick the one you like most (or least).



No comments: