Thursday, July 11, 2002

Truth or Dare at the CN Tower


I loved my visit to Canada, I mean, the one where I was actually a tourist and did allegedly touristy things, including visiting the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto [ohmigod!] and the CN Tower.

Of course, this was a few years and a quasi-spouse ago, that is, all of oh, 6 years now, or thereabouts.

I will never forget the CN Tower, because my "significant other" [the aforementioned quasi-spouse] didn't want to walk on the glass. His dad and brother [my hemi-demi-semi-in-laws as I used to refer to them, though non-musicians never seem to get that joke] may have done a little wincing, but walked out onto the glass with aplomb.

Well, here I am years later doing the geeky fan thing and reading some stuff at Sean Biggerstaff's website [a charming fellow by all accounts], including a recent Q&A with SB where one question was:

Did you stand on the glass floor at the CN Tower?


Sean's answer was:

I danced on the glass floor at the CN tower.


Well, I gotcha beat, Sean, hands down. Quite literally. No photographic evidence [that I'm aware of, though I do seem to appear in total stranger's vacation snapshots with some regularity], but when I say hands down, I'm not kidding.

I did handstands on the glass, and walked on my hands.

Kid. You. Not.

So, if you were in the tower sometime in the mid 90's, and remember a short woman with ash brown hair, kinda wavy, doing a handstand on the glass, things flying every which way out of her pockets, with a somewhat horrified blond man in red flannel holding her foot up to help balance -- well, that was me.


No comments: