Wednesday, March 20, 2002

Cool TV


Better yet, awesome TV. I was never a big Law and Order fan, I've watched it occasionally, that was about all, and I was kind of put off by the spinoffs. I've seen one or two eps of SVU and 2? 3? episodes of Criminal Intent, with Vincent D'onofrio and Kathryn Erbe. This past Sunday's episode, about a felon who gets killed and 400K of robbery money that had never been recovered, absolutely knocked me on my cute li'l tuckus.

I am in awe. Beautiful writing and stellar performances, there were two segments that stood out so beautifully -- one when Erbe and D'onofrio pull a good cop/bad cop on this woman who is the key to their investigation, and piss her off so impressively to get her to reveal more than she intended, and the very end when D'onofrio is "talking down", so to speak, the guy responsible for murder.
Compassionate, apparently guileless, it was just amazing.

Well done, folks, well done.

No comments: