Thursday, February 14, 2002

Music and other Conversational Topics at Cocktail Parties


People always think my family is wierd. Or cool. [My family is, btw.] But, they think it's wierd or cool that my mom plays the autoharp. And my dad is learning the banjo. And my father[*] is an organist -- that's what he does for a living [hey, *I* think that is cool]. Grandma sang in a "hillbilly band", back before country was country. Uncle Charlie plays the guitar. We all play or played musical instruments, or sing, or both. I usually just sing -- got my instrument with me all the time!

It doesn't mean we're all that great. It just means we like music. We're not magically different, we just like music. There is NOTHING, so help me god, NOTHING stopping you from studying a musical instrument. It's good for you. It's soothing. It's fun.

So....do you like music too? Go spend $8.00 on an harmonica and have yourself some fun.



[*] My Three Dads. Long story, live with it.

No comments: