Sunday, January 13, 2002

Turkish Law Recognizes Women, Men as Equals -- from Women's ENews [WOMENSENEWS]

This is thrilling. You know, if anyone wants to recommend a book to read on a survey of civil rights in that region, I'm all ears.

I'm gonna plug WENews for a second here. I met some of the journalists involved when at JAWS in 1999, and there was hope at some point in one or more of The 3rd WWWave cohort getting involved as contributors. This didn't happen, but I've been a subscriber since the WENews started email distribution. Sometimes I'm quite ticked at the things they report, sometimes I'm ticked that things they report aren't getting more national prominence, sometimes, like many things in a busy programmer's life, I just hit 'delete' and ignore it, and sometimes I'm just real damn happy with my subscription.

Women's Enews subscribers may select whether to receive a daily email or a weekly summary. To change the frequency of your mail or to cancel your subscription, send a message to membersvcs@womensenews.org or use our online form: http://www.womensenews.org/update_subscription.cfm

No comments: