Thursday, March 13, 2003

Hi, Mom!


Y'know, when the camera pans past at the big game, and you wave, show a v for victory, and mouth 'hi, Mom!'?

Hi, Mom!

Been out of the office for the past 3 days, when means connection-free for the past 5, due to the weekend. Hence the lack of posting. However, the reason for being out was interesting (Rational's ClearQuest administration training, a 3-day course) and useful. If you are coming to Rational products brand-new, I would recommend whatever site/web-based training you can get. And -- I hate to admit this -- the commute from Oceanside to Irvine (approx. 45 miles) was easier, I swear to you, then the 27 mile commute from Oceanside to my office here in San Diego. No, no, I'm serious.

This with the added bonus of driving even more extremely conscientiously than normal, due to the knowledge that my brakes were worn down to the nub. However, I know how to drive that truck -- sure, I wouldn't have driven it in SF, but Irvine-Oceanside? Care, knowledge of one's vehicle, and diligence, hey, now, let's say it again, diligence, as in paying fucking attention to what you are doing. The world would be a better place if more people paid attention to what they were doing. But that would involve thinking, which I know, especially evident in recent activity conducted allegedly in my name (as a member of the American public) is too much to ask.

How much longer do I have to wait to vote Junior out of office? Is it time yet? Have we learned whatever karmic lesson was due?

Hi, Mom!

No comments: