Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Great Hiatus Excuse


I went to Tennessee for 6 days and stayed in a hotel with limited business facilities, and didn't pack my laptop anyway.

I met many relatives and learned quite a few things about them:

1. There's a lot of churchgoing in "midstate" Tennessee, i.e., Dickson and Hickman Counties.
2. Stick around for more than 20 minutes and you'll get offered food, wherever you go.
3. Both counties, and specifically both families on my mother's side (Harrington and Hutchison/Hutchinson/Hutcherson) are a hotbed of Dupuytren's Contracture and/or "Trigger Finger" (stenosing tenosynovitis). Anyone interested in surveying hereditary aspects of either one should start in Hickman and Dickson Counties, Tennessee and pin these people down. I kid you not.
4. There are a heck of a lot of moonshiners in my family tree.

No comments: