Friday, August 30, 2002

Ming At Lunch


So, Janis and I had a terrible time going to lunch today. The place we normally go to was PACKED, as in spilling-out-the-door packed. So, we started for a different place, then realized we were close to another different place, and headed there. And never got there. Construction, traffic, all conspired against us. Finally, we opted for yet another dining location, i.e., the first non-fast-food joint we saw. This wound up making for a very irritating experience, but there were two items in the plus column:

1. Good sushi.

2. A "Ming's Upholstry" van.

I kid you not. So, I spot this van, and I swear, the words just TRIPPED out of my mouth:

"Well, that's a bit of a step down from Emperor of the Universe, isn't it?"


Which led, in swift succession, to...

"The only one that's merciless at Ming's is you! Make me an offer I won't refuse!"


"You don't have to be Flash Gordon to get a good deal at Ming's!"


"We're mercilessly slashing prices at Ming's Upholstry!"




So, y'know, all in all, lunch sort of evened itself out.

No comments: