Monday, May 13, 2002

Pardon The Hysterical Laughter


I'm not making this up, I swear.

Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century .

What, I should expound? Like that wasn't funny enough by itself?

It's some kids cartoon. Holmes was cryogenically frozen, thawed out in the 22nd century by a descendant of Inspector Lestrade and her assistant robot with human head? features? called Watson. It seems Holmes' nemesis Moriarty has been cloned and so Holmes must return to business.

I swear to god, I was stunned for the first minute, then laughing hysterically for several minutes further. Y'see,

you see

All I could think of was Duck Dodgers in the 24th-and-a-half Century . So now I have this weird cross-pollinated image in my head of Sherlock Holmes going up against Marvin the Martian, with Porky Pig as Watson.

See? This is what comes of channel surfing.

No comments: