Thursday, January 24, 2002

More on Java


I'm enjoying studying this. I really am. Migrating to an object-oriented approach to problem solving doesn't seem that inherently difficult to me. I take a very modular approach to software development to begin with. Of course, I should probably qualify my statements with a big ol' "so far".

ahem

So far, so good.

More on Thinking In Pictures


Autism and Visual Thought, from Thinking in Pictures, by T. Gardin. This is terribly interesting stuff. I believe I have a better grasp on the concept, though it'd be great to find something similar on "thinking in words".

"Teachers who work with autistic children need to understand associative thought patterns.", Dr. Gardin says. Heck, I think everyone needs to understand different thought patterns, and first and foremost, that there are different thought patterns. Person A is not necessarily the same as you, literally, and that doesn't mean they're wrong, it just means they're different.


No comments: