Saturday, August 25, 2007

Don't Care About Governing? Join the GOP!

How did we let Katrina happen? Today, you don't even have to be onsite in floodwater, to be drowning. Stuck and Suicidal in a Post-Katrina Trailer Park

He was young, tall, and solidly good-looking. I asked if I could speak to him for a moment and he agreed. We found a spot of shade beneath a tree, and I started with what I considered a casual warm-up.

"What's it like to live around here?" I asked.

"Well," he replied, "I'll be honest."

"Ain't a day goes by when I don't think about killing myself."


How did we let this happen? Well, the current administration doesn't care about actually running the country. It ran FEMA into the ground, and uses federal agencies for political marketing rather than actually governing.

How Rove Directed Federal Assets for GOP Gains;

Waxman Confirms Existence Of Rove’s Politicization ‘Teams’.

Politics. Rather than policies.

There's that famous quote of Norquist's about drowning government in a bathtub. Well, one city has been drowned, and now people are drowning on dry land. How much more of this do you want?