Sunday, June 12, 2005

"Over the Top" Dean v. "Under a Rock" Cheney -- I'll take Dean

Vice President Dick Cheney presumed to speak for Democrats today when he said that DNC Chairman Howard Dean was "over the top", "not the kind of individual you want to have representing your political party", and stated that "I think many of his fellow Democrats feel the same way".

Well, speak for yourself Dick, I'm EXTREMELY happy with Dean's willingness to stand up to you.

The Vice President exerted some hyperbole -- or, maybe he flat-out lied -- when he then claimed that Dr. Dean, who was elected five times as Governor of Vermont, had "never won anything".

Speaking in Iowa the same day, Dean said, "I'm tired of lying down in front of the Republican machine. We need to stand up for what we believe in."

I am behind that attitude 1000%.

No comments: