Monday, February 07, 2005

Epiphanies

I hurt my right hand over the weekend and my typing is a little off...so I'm taking it easy this week. (Translation: check in after Valentine's Day. I might have something amusing to say then. Fortunately, I didn't cut my flexor tendon, and if I have nerve damage, it's probably no worse than the effect I get on my left hand, courtesy of being hit by a car 12 years ago. Ah, life. The trick to living is to persist in not dying when bad things happen to you.)

However, I've been meaning to comment on a couple things that occurred to me, and I realize I'll probably never write anything extensive, I simply don't have the degrees in anthropology and sociology for the first, and from one perspective, am studying parts of the second by virtue of being in law school.

1. Primate grooming habits lie at the base of the Barbie phenomenon.

2. Republicans basically believe in the divine right of kings. Why else would they treat poor people as morally inferior? Wealthy people = blessed by God.

Nice work if you can get it.

No comments: