Friday, August 29, 2003

Cookbook-y Goodness!


Janis's mom R just sent me The Reading Terminal Market Cookbook, and it looks *awesome*. She was in the Market, saw it, thought of me.

I started writing a thank-you note, flipped open the book, and didn't resurface until half an hour later. Obviously a good match.

The Reading Terminal Market (quoth the book) was founded in 1892 and it's still a stall market today. I loved it when we were in Philadelphia last Christmas (I loved everything when we were there last Christmas), and I'm a cooking nut, and I collect cookbooks, so this ranks right up there with The City Tavern Cookbook (said Tavern another Philadelphia landmark, and, can I coin a phrase? Gourmonument. Gourmand. Monument. You get the picture.) that Janis got me while we were there.

The cookbook is a tour of the market's history, its different types of stalls and the cuisines they serve, the people, as well as recipes.

I'm so thrilled and I can't wait to try some of these recipes!

No comments: