Monday, February 03, 2003

I'm all, like, acidopholous-y


I been cultured.

San Diego Opera. Beethoven. "Fidelio".

The Civic Theatre is very nice, and our balcony-side seats had a very good view ('cept for the guy in front of me, the one with the head....the one with the *big* head.).

Wonderful orchestra, fabulous singers, fun story and really seamless set changes. (Speaking as the offspring of thespians, seamless set changes are utterly marvelous.)

I loved the story, and this is the first time I've paid attention to above-stage captioning, which didn't get in the way if I wanted just to look at the stage, but were easy to spot if I wanted to know what was being said, as my German is so inadequate I'm loathe to use the phrase 'my German'. I can parse maybe one word in 10, and it better be a simple one.

ANYWAYS. A big thumbs up overall.

No comments: