Thursday, September 12, 2002

Time for Some Country Music


Oh, whatever, I just needed a good title.

So, I get this spam email today asking if I'm "Tired of looking for love in all the wrong places?",

and I thought -- what if I wrote back and said "no"?

I'm not tired of looking for love in all the wrong places. For all I know, love really is wedged in between the sofa cushions, along with a beer bottle cap, 67 cents, a packet of hot sauce, and a sock. So, hell, yeah, I'll take a chance and look. And who is to say what the wrong places are, anyway?

Being as it's my blog, I guess I am.

Some Wrong Places To Look For Love:

  • Low Earth Orbit.
  • 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.
  • A POW camp, during any war or "police action".
  • In the middle of a neutrino detector.
  • In an Active Volcano.
  • In the utility closet at the Rose Bowl.
  • Dangling from a bunjee cord off the Empire State Building, about 7 floors down. On the right.
  • In the general vicinity of Hastings, 1066 A.D.
  • In the southeast corner of the dumpster at 5th and Main. Under the rotten coleslaw.
  • In the air conditioning ducts at your building.
  • Underneath the last roll of toilet paper.
  • Tucked in the freezer, wrapped in butcher's paper, labelled "Moose - 1998".
  • At the top of the CN Tower in the middle of the night.
  • At the bottom of a 50-gallon drum of toxic waste.



Of course, having not looked in all these places myself, I could be wrong.



No comments: