Tuesday, August 06, 2002

eMusic


Chris recommended eMusic to me as a great site for downloading legit mp3's. It's subscriber based, and I signed up last night for a trial membership. After one CD download, I'm pretty sure I'll stick around. Download was easy, though to get a whole CD at once [instead of personally clicking one song at a time] I had to download and install Zinf, a FreeAmp player that works in Win and linux [yaaaaay]. Sure, the download of the CD took forever, but that's because I was dialed in using a 56K modem. What'd you expect?

Taking the downloaded mp3's and burning them to a minidisc was a piece of cake, once I looked up where the playlist was.

Oh, what CD? Liona Boyd, The Spanish Album. I love 'latin' music but never buy it because I just don't know the genre.

No comments: